A bit about us
We couldn’t bear the thought of ‘just another payment platform’. Paytently is here to make payment experiences genuinely personal, rock-solid reliable, and to bring a breath of fresh air, all because we deeply care about your business and its connections.
Paytently is an elite B2B payments orchestration platform, crafted by industry leaders with a passion for revolutionising the payment landscape. Our fully scalable AI-driven platform streamlines transactions, smartly routing each one to the ideal acquirer for a simpler, curated and more efficient experience. Our emphasis on meaningful connections sets us apart, transforming typically faceless transactions into delightful collaborations. We’re all about making payments smarter, easier, and, dare we say, more fun.
Overview of the role
The purpose of this role is to collaboratively bring new products and features to market, while analysing industry trends and researching customer pain-points to transform formless ideas into fully-built, shipped, strategic and revenue-generating products.
- Contribute to the end-to-end product lifecycle management, across different domains, from insight gathering through to discovery, delivery and post-launch optimisation.
- Collate and document product discovery for the products and features you will work on, following the established process.
- Facilitate collaborative discussions and workshops between design, technology, marketing, sales, customer success and other stakeholders in the business.
- Conduct comprehensive market research to identify trends, customer pain points, and emerging technologies in the payment processing industry.
- Analyse competitor products and strategies to gain insights and maintain a competitive edge.
- Create detailed product specifications, user stories, and use cases.
- Ruthlessly document all product knowledge and information to ensure nothing is missed and can be picked up and understood by another team member.
- Lead and coordinate the product output, working closely with engineering teams to ensure timely and high-quality delivery.
- Actively participate in sprint planning, backlog reviews, and retros.
- Manage the addition of new products or features that you work on to the company knowledge base.
- Work with product design and FE developers to ensure that the experience and functionality has been built to accurately capture the intended user experience.
- Collate and write up release plans by collaborating with various teams such as sales and marketing, and ensure the release is timed and executed according to plan.
- Carry out user interviews with product design to deepen product’s understanding of our user and customer base.
- Collaborate with marketing, sales, customer success and product design, to create buyer and user personas and validate them against our customers through user interviews or surveys.
- Continuously analyse data and user feedback to make data-driven decisions for product optimization.
- Actively seek customer feedback to improve our features and products.
- Educate and inspire other members of the business on product best-practice and the importance of customer-driven product strategy.
Experience and Requirements
- 4+ years experience in the financial technology sector, preferably in card payments
- Worked in product management (or related) for 2+ years
- A thorough understanding of the full product lifecycle
- A proven track-record of delivering successful products to market
- A deep and practical understanding of Agile processes
- Experience using Jira Software
- Meticulous and detail-oriented
- A creative problem-solver
- Curious and innovative
- A team-player
- Passionate about payments and technology
Great, but not essential
- Previous experience working with Notion
- Experience working with Jira Product Discovery
- Commercial and/or product marketing experience in fintech
- Work from anywhere in the world
- Full Health Insurance
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Annual contribution to gym/health club
- Choose you equipment of preference (the best tools to get the job done)
- Optimal holiday allowance specific to your country
- Quarterly team events and activities
- Paytently welcome pack
- Friday lunches & open bar in the Malta HQ
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org