A bit about us
We couldn’t bear the thought of ‘just another payment platform’. Paytently is here to make payment experiences genuinely personal, rock-solid reliable, and to bring a breath of fresh air, all because we deeply care about your business and its connections.
Paytently is an elite B2B payments orchestration platform, crafted by industry leaders with a passion for revolutionising the payment landscape. Our fully scalable AI-driven platform streamlines transactions, smartly routing each one to the ideal acquirer for a simpler, curated and more efficient experience. Our emphasis on meaningful connections sets us apart, transforming typically faceless transactions into delightful collaborations. We’re all about making payments smarter, easier, and, dare we say, more fun.
Overview of the role
Paytently is on the lookout for a number of Senior Software Engineers to join our dynamic engineering team. With significant experience developing high-quality solutions across a broad range of languages and frameworks. Ideally, you will have worked in a fast-paced financial services business, and you will be at the forefront of crafting and optimising innovative solutions.
- Leadership and Strategy: Support the leadership across our engineering teams to deliver their strategic goals and objectives, contributing to the overall organisational vision and mission.
- Technical Expertise: Leverage your deep understanding of platform engineering principles and best practices to innovate and enhance our solutions.
- Engineering Excellence: Contribute to the design, development, and maintenance of our cloud based systems, ensuring they are robust, scalable, and secure.
- CI/CD and IaC: Implement and optimise Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment pipelines and develop Infrastructure as Code to enhance deployment efficiency and security.
- Team Development: Mentor, and support the development of our world-class engineering teams, fostering a culture of innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning.
- Industry Compliance: Ensure adherence to industry regulations and standards, including PCI DSS and liaise with stakeholders to drive the evolution of regulatory frameworks.
- Cross-functional Collaboration: Work closely with other departments, such as product, QA, and operations, to deliver seamless and holistic solutions.
Experience and Requirements
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in AWS using IaC tools such as Terraform
- A minimum of 5 years of experience as a professional platform or software engineer
- Familiarity with .NET and C#
- A knowledge of cloud monitoring systems, ensuring high availability and proactively addressing potential system issues.
- A knowledge of security best practices managing IAM roles and policies and security groups.
- A knowledge of elastic, kibana or AWS search is a bonus.
- Proven team working experience, with a track record of success working in high-performing teams.
- Expertise in continuous integration, continuous delivery, pair programming.
- Experience building event-driven backend services using the distributed application architecture patterns, CQRS, Event Sourcing and distributed application frameworks such as DAPR.
- Experience working in regulated industries and compiling with standard frameworks e.g ISO27001 and PCI DSS.
- Excellent problem-solving, strategic thinking, and communication skills.
- Work from anywhere in the world
- Full Health Insurance
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Annual contribution to gym/health club
- Choose you equipment of preference (the best tools to get the job done)
- Optimal holiday allowance specific to your country
- Quarterly team events and activities
- Paytently welcome pack
- Friday lunches & open bar in the Malta HQ
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org